To ensure your online banking sessions are secure, Capital Bank recommends that you follow these simple security tips:
Do not use Public or Shared Computers:
Avoid accessing your online banking services from open , public areas or a shared computer. However, if you happen to do so, please change your passwords from your own computer as soon as you can. For increased security, we request you to change your password on a regular basis.
Safe Online Banking:
• Always enter the Capital Bank website URL "https://www.capitalbank.jo", directly into your browser address bar before you login to ensure that you are on the legitimate Capital Bank website. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website. This will reduce the chances of you becoming a victim of phishing attacks.
• Use a web browser that has good security controls such as pop-up blocker, checks on malicious sites, etc.
• Check that the banks website address is https://www.capitalbank.jo and a security icon that looks like a lock appear in the status bar of the browser or at the end of the URL in some browsers.
Protect your Password:
- Choose strong passwords with a minimum of 8 characters using a mix of alphabetical, numerical and special characters. Avoid easy to guess passwords such as spouse/children name, date of birth, pet name, city name, car number etc.
- Memorize your password and do not write it down on your mobile or in email. Use a separate password for online banking and for logging into other non-banking websites.
- Ensure that no one is watching you while you key in your password/PIN or any other sensitive information. Do not share your password/PIN or make it accessible to others.
You should NOT reveal your password/PIN to anyone even if they claim to be a staff member of Capital Bank.
- Shop safely using Capital bank Visa & MasterCard cards with 3D Secure service. You will automatically receive SMS with one time password when shopping from any website registered in this service, your transaction will not be proceed unless you enter the one time password delivered to your registered mobile number, to insure better protection for your online purchases.
- Beware of Phishing:
Online phishing, pronounced as "fishing", is a method of identity theft that tricks you to reveal personal or financial information online. Phishers use phony websites or deceptive email messages that mimic trusted businesses and brands in order to steal personally identifiable information such as usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, and billing information.
Do not trust anybody even if they claim to be from the Bank:
- If you receive a call from an unknown number/ person claiming that he is from the Bank, please call Capital Bank or your Relationship/ Account Manager and report the issue.
- Be careful when opening emails and checking the sender, especially if they contain attachments that can carry viruses.
- Do not respond to any emails requesting personal information, a password, or a pin code.
- Do not to expose or reveal any sensitive information about your accounts when interacting with bank ads and posts on social media networks.
- Make sure you are talking to the official business account of capital bank of Jordan on social media by looking for the verified badge next to the page or profile name.
- To prevent unauthorized access to your account, Capital Bank will automatically block/deactivate your account after predefined consecutive unsuccessful login attempts for your ID.
- Every time you complete your online banking session, log off from the website. do not just close the browser.
- Update the bank when you change your contact details. This will enable us to contact you in a timely manner if needed.
- Check your account statement on a regular basis either using the ATM or Internet Banking.
- Use your credit card only on trusted sites.
Protecting your computer:
- Never share your computer.
- Use a password on your computer.
- Make sure your computer operating system and browsers software are updated with the latest security patches.
- Do not select the option auto-save on browsers for storing or retaining username and password when logging into online banking.
- Avoid downloading software's from websites that are obscure or unidentifiable. These programs may contain viruses that would enable hackers to monitor or take over your PC.
- Set and use a security PIN code or fingerprint (to enable device-locking).
- Don't store passwords or sensitive information on your phone.
- Keep your mobile device software up to date.
- Be wary of voicemail and text message scams. Clicking on links in text messages can be risky, so make sure the source of the messages and the sites you visit are authentic.
- Fraudsters create fake applications that look like legitimate ones. When you log on, they can steal your password, personal data and sensitive information. Make sure that applications are downloaded from trusted recognized app stores and sources.
- If you lose your phone, report it to your service provider immediately.
WhatsApp Chat Banking Security Tips:
- To ensure that you are talking to the official business account of Capital Bank Of Jordan on WhatsApp, look for the green badge next to Capital Bank name in the chat. Click on the icon and verify that official business account and Capital Bank business details are available.
- Data is exchanged over a secure channel between your device, WhatsApp and Capital Bank Of Jordan . This information will be encrypted and cannot be seen or accessed by anyone.
- You can only subscribe to Capital Bank Of Jordan Chat Banking via your registered mobile number with the bank. The same number has to be used in WhatsApp.
- Do not share your mobile phone with anyone.
- Activate your SIM card with a PIN.
- Enable WhatsApp Two-Step Verification under Settings/ Account/Two-Step Verification: any attempt to verify your mobile number on WhatsApp must be accompanied by a 6-digit PIN you create.
- Lock your WhatsApp chat with Face ID or Touch ID to add an extra layer of security to your private conversations.
Capital Bank Cards Security when using any ATM:
- Be aware of your surroundings and, if anything strikes you as suspicious, use another ATM.
- If the ATM appears to have been tampered with, do not use it and report the issue immediately to Capital bank.
- If any person offers to help you use the ATM, refuse and leave immediately.
- For added security, always shield the keypad when entering your PIN.
- If your card is retained by the ATM or the transaction is not completed, call our call center number: +962-6-5100220.
- Report immediately any unrecognized transactions on your account by calling our call center number.
When paying at merchant terminals:
- Verify the transaction amount on the POS screen; also check your receipt and the transaction details in the SMS alert you will receive.
- Always shield the keypad when entering your PIN; ensure your card is returned and your receipt received.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone; Capital bank will never ask for your PIN.
- Report immediately any unrecognized transactions on your account by calling our call center number: +962-6-5100220.