Treasury and Investment Services
The Treasury Department at Capital Bank has advanced capabilities in trade, investment and liquidity to help corporations meet the challenges of money management and to protect them from high interest rates and exposure to foreign currency risk.
The Treasury Department has established a strong track record in securing external financing for international trade activities. The bank’s trade initiatives include collaborating with the country’s Central Bank to create several funding projects for Jordanian exports, as well as partnering with leading regional and international organizations to finance exports to Jordan.
Capital Bank’s treasury and investment services include the following:
- Foreign exchange in spot market available in all major currencies as well as GCC currencies
- Trading in fixed income securities: treasury bills, bonds (including corporate bonds) and commercial papers in local, regional and international market
- Certificates of deposit: offering higher interest rates than a regular savings account and available in all major foreign currencies – with maturity terms ranging from 3 to 36 months
- Derivatives for hedging purposes: forwards, swaps and options against currencies and interest rates
- Keeping clients up to date with developments in international markets