Capital Bank's dynamic Treasury Department has proven its ability and creativity in managing the Bank’s dealings with foreign exchange and money market activities. In addition to its duties related to liquidity and asset management, the Treasury Department has also undertaken a pioneering role in interbank operations and has been an active player in the Certificate of Deposits market.
The Treasury also places particular focus on the nascent bond market in Jordan. The Department actively participates in the primary markets for treasury and development bonds, and plays a considerable role in the development of primary interbank dealings. The Treasury Department allocates an adequate portion of its resources towards suitable medium and long-term investments in the Amman Stock Exchange.
The Bank has expanded its core operations to include a wider array of services for its clients. The Treasury Department has played an instrumental role in providing innovative financial instruments to hedge against interest rates and currency exposure, and to keep clients abreast with developments in the international market. The Department has worked towards securing external financing for international trade activities through the establishment of several funding projects for Jordanian exports through the Central Bank of Jordan in addition to the signing of a number of agreements with Arab and foreign organizations in order to finance exports to Jordan.
Our Treasury services include the following:
• Foreign Exchange in Spot Market
• Margin Trading in the Foreign Exchange Market
• Trading in fixed instruments (treasury bills, bonds, commercial papers) in Local and International Markets.
• Derivatives for hedging purposes (forwards, swaps, options) against currencies and interest rates.
• Certificates of Deposit: A special type of deposit account that offers a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account; Capital Bank offers CDs in many currencies like Jordanian Dinar, US Dollar, Pound Sterling and Euro, with maturity terms ranging from 3 months to one year or more.
For info & inquiries e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org